What is smart sourcing?
The role of IT in business has changed in the last five years. The growth of cloud computing, the post-PC era, ubiquitous Internet and infrastructure as a service is transforming the way people do business, and how they deal with their business technology.
IT is increasingly focused around service, contract, risk and liability management. This doesn’t mean any middle-tier manager can do the job, though. In information technology and service contracts, the devil is in the detail. What you need is someone with the right mix of technical expertise, diverse experience and business acumen.
Smart sourcing means making the right decisions about outsourcing and cloud services for your business.
- How do you avoid getting “locked in” to long-term, restrictive contracts that become too costly?
- Where is your data stored and who has access to it?
- Why is there such a difference in price offerings?
- What are the legal implications of storing data in the cloud?
- What’s the difference between a public and private cloud? Which is the right choice for you? Or what is the right balance?
- Should you buy software licenses or rent them? Do you need licenses at all?
- What are the hidden costs of switching to outsourced IT?
- How do you spread your risk while maintaining cost controls and security?
Why are we ideally placed to help you make these decisions?
- We are highly experienced senior consultants, with 20 years’ practical experience delivering change management with IT.
- We’ve been operating data hosting and outsourced IT services for half a decade.
- We know the tech, and we know the business.
- We believe in IT integrity.
Smart sourcing is choosing the right people to plan and build the technical framework for your business. You wouldn’t put a project manager in charge of drawing up the blueprint for a building. For some things, you need an architect. We can help you design the foundations of your business operations, planning for growth, change, reliability and cost-efficiency.
We don’t only talk about smart sourcing; we’ve been involved in it for years, and we understand the benefits that it brings, as well as the risks. Our business already uses cloud services extensively, and we’ve successfully migrated our clients too. We know how to leverage the best global talent for software, corporate design, marketing and social media.
The value proposition
If you’re considering server hosting, cloud services or outsourced systems support, make sure you ask all the right questions. A half-hour conversation with someone who understands the issues you face could save you a lot of time and money further down the line.
Running a small business, you sometimes feel like you have to be an expert in everything. Smart sourcing means that you can be free to focus on what you do best: growing your business.
Interested in smart sourcing and how you could benefit? Contact us now.