We are looking for an Engineer/Administrator/Supporter… that is also a bit like a “Legomaniac”/Entrepreneur/IT Expert
This is primarly a technical role that will benifit from a broad skill set. However a diverse technical background and a healthy curiosity is a key trait of the “job”.
Our jobs don’t fit in “boxes” so we hope you don’t either.
- Maintain and administer computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, integration and all configurations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement software, hardware, and physical security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain hardware, software, data, email applications and virus protection software/subscriptions.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Participate or take lead in technical product development for hosting and services businesses.
- Prepare and maintain documentation and reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
- Perform server and security audits, system backups and recovery, and provide online and telephone support to clients & employees.
- Work closely with our hosting & support clients in order to solve performance issues and maintain our up-time SLA.
- Work closely with key staff for business, professional and client value development.
- Keep current with new various technologies, and analyze possible use within our products, services and architecture.
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand.
- Share & participate in our client responsibilities to ensure 24x7x365 operation of internal and production network and systems.
Skills & Requirements
We figure a good candidate should have about 5 years experience with IT systems management. (server configuration, monitoring, trending, network design, high availability)
- Working knowledge of Intel-based computer hardware and software, including Mac OS X, Windows 7, Windows Server, and Debian/RHEL-based linux systems.
- Working knowledge of networking hardware and topologies, including firewalls, VPN, Windows domain controllers, and LDAP.
- Working knowledge of mail systems, common scripting languages, SQL databases, and virtual machines.
- Ability to maintain security and integrity of directories, files, and data stored electronically.
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities and advanced research skills that result in finding answers to specific questions and issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work and communicate professionally.
- Must thrive in a fluid, fast-paced evolving environment.
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal management.